Double chin reduction can be done effectively with injection lypolysis. Primary ingredient used for double chin is Deoxycholic acid.
How Deoxycholic acid helps in double chin reduction?
Deoxycholic acid is a naturally occurring molecule in the body that aids in the breakdown and absorption of dietary fat. This is injected into the fat deposits of the double chin. This then destroys the fat cells which can no longer store or accumulate fat and are reabsorbed naturally by the body. These injections are primarily based on Deoxycholic acid. This treatment is gaining popularity as the go to treatment for double chin removal due to its non-invasive nature.
Kybella® from Allergan is the leading brand for double chin reduction.
Important points to note about Kybella®
- It can be administered only by a medical practitioner
- It cannot be used in case the treatment area is infected
- Be sure to inform your physician about all the medical details regarding any surgeries, treatments, pregnancy, allergies etc.
- Most common side effects of Kybella® include swelling, numbness, hardness in the treated area etc.
- Other severe side effect if any can include bruising, open sores etc. Please read product details before doing the treatment.
Details on the double chin removal treatment includes
- Our expert dermatologist will first take complete medical history and health profile with a thorough examination of the treatment area.
- All the important points regarding your treatment will be explained in detail.
- Our dermatologist will then map out the various injection points about 1 cm apart all over the double chin area. The exact number of injections will depend on the amount of fat you have under the chin and your profile.
- After applying anesthesia our dermatologist will one by one inject the solution into the planned points over the double chin.
What to expect?
The complete treatment takes about 15 to 20 minutes. Treatments can be repeated 2 to 3 times upto a maximum of 6 sessions with a minimum gap of 1 month. The fat under the chin should start disappear over the course of 4 to 6 weeks. The most common side effects are swelling, numbness, pain and redness to uncommon side effects of bruising, trouble swallowing etc. Depending on the health and medical profile and the treatment protocol these side effects can last from few hours/days or couple of weeks.
The price depends on the target area, volume, no. of injections required etc.